Snotling Pump Wagon finished & Trolls WIP

I have finished off the the Pump Wagons. It feels like one of those cases where there is always more things you could touch up, but I decided it was time to call them finished. I also have done some work on the trolls but let's start with a look at the pump wagons.


Bloodweiser in hand ready to cause havoc at the gridiron. Don't drink and drive kids.


I took all the pictures before I added the bottle...


Back view of the converted pump wagon. 


I tried to use several contact points to secure the snotlings. Both the two back snotlings have been glued to the dangling chains as well to make it stronger and hopefully hold up on the pitch.  


The unconverted Pump Wagon 


The two side snotling are still precarious, if snotlings start breaking off I need to revisit these wagons with a pinvice in hand.


I was a bit unsure about what colours to use for the mushrooms. I have used blue for mushrooms in the past, which works really well contrasting against the red snotlings. However, having established the white dotted, blue mushrooms as the team token for my blue snotling team, I didn't want to over use this, so I tried a bit of orange on some of these mushrooms instead. 


I think both pump wagons came out well. I would like to make things pop a bit more but it is something I can revisit at a later stage. They should work nicely on the table and I'll be more pleased to see the whole finished team on the pitch, rather than worry about each individual piece.

I had started priming my trolls but felt the need to add a bit more kit to make them suited for the field.


Part of a barrel as shoulder pad made from a plastic card shaped under heat with Milliput on top. The spiked elbow pad is from the Elven Union kit. Added a cloth wrap around the elbow to strengthen the joint there and disguise the rather thin wrist.


I probably should have added a buckle on the shoulderpad strap but again we are going for finished rather than perfect, and we can get away without a buckle.


Added a couple of holes on the barrel hoop, not traditional but felt that something was needed to hold things together. Not sure if it will look as I intended but hope that once painted it will give enough interest without drawing undue attention.

I gave this troll a knuckleduster made from the off cuts from one of the orcs in the Ironskull's Boyz underworld kits (he'll be a orc big un blocker once I get around to them...) It took a couple of attempts to trim it down enough to look like it fit and not look like I had added back a weapon hilt into the hand I had spent a lot of time removing a weapon from... Also gave him a strap around wrist and a shoulder pad.


Beaten up shoulderpad. Imagined a discarded broken shoulder pad from the orc team.  


He is a very compact troll. I'm sure it helped loads for the casting of him but it makes it really hard for posing and adding bits to him in a convincing way.


Took the same approach with the other two trolls. Went with barrels again for the shoulder pads.
Still might do some more smoothing out of the joints that came up while priming.

As the other troll had both a 'helmet' and a vambrace I gave this troll two vambraces.


I used a spiked shoulder pad as vambrace. This shoulderpad is from the old chaos marauders kit (from sometime before 2004) that you can surprisingly still buy from the games workshop website. 


Greenstuff wriststraps. I haven't added any straps for the barrels, I felt it would look a bit messy so they remain suspended with suspended disbelief.



Click here to read more posts on the project:
| Part -1 || Part 1 || Part 1.2 || Part 1.5 || Part 2 || Pump W Conversions || Positionals || Linemen || Staff || Old Positionals || Old Linemen || New Linemen || New Positionals || Trolls || Finished |

Comments