The Greenfield Grasshuggers

Part I | Part II | Part III | Part V | Part VI

I'm excited that the new halflings are here (they have a special place in my heart!) so thought I'd share them with you. Here is a breakdown of what's in the box and how they compare to the old models.

I didn't fully agree with the hillbilly vibe the Spike! journal took in their halfling edition- I still see them as the food loving, gentle, happy-go-lucky punchbags- but I'm still pleased that they got a Spike! of their own and new models.


Here is a size comparison, with models in chronological order of release (except for the out of scale referee model on the far right). The first three models are from second edition.
As you can see there is a significant size creep, with the recent models being quite a bit larger, even compared to the 2017  Warhammer World exclusive 'Crumbleberry'.


I still feel like the stunty teams are my favourite releases but feel short changed by not getting two full-sized sprues rather a clam shell and in this case only three balls.
Back of the box.
Transfers.
There are two of these sprues in the box - as usual.


Disappointed to note that the halflings DO NOT have any hair on their feet! This is a travesty. The Referee model had hairy arms but for some reason the sculptor decided to not give these players any body hair what so ever. Not even on their feet!


This is the first halfling models released WITHOUT HAIRY FEET. Did I mention that already?
But, in all seriousness, this is something that can (and will!) be easily fixed with some greenstuff.
Only one of this sprue in the box.

Two team markers and two coins are nice to have but for me, I'm not so fussed as I only ever use one of each.
As I mentioned, there are only three balls in the box since this is a single sprue. It feels to me that there is clearly space for more balls on this sprue- and extra ones would be really nice to have, especially because they are easy to lose, and they are so characterful.
Front on assembled. Catcher and Hefty.
A bit better light
Line up with my work in progress Treemen and Human line men.
Slightly different angle- snuck in the halfling Chef here too.
Third edition player next to new hefty for size comparison.
Second edition player next to Hefty, again just to show size difference.
Close up of the treemen. They are base on the Kurnoth Hunters. I talk a bit more in detail about them over here.
Copper wire armature is there, ready for hands to be sculpted later on.
Here is better picture of the kicking pose- for me, they should be less dynamic and as such I've tried to reduce the movement/running in the models where possible.
Hope to have further progress on these soon.

Comments