Elven Union team

 The Elfheim Eagles in the box | Elven Union team part 2 | Elven Union team part 3
Got going with my Elven Union team or Pro Elves as some of you will know them. I still need to get another box to make two other catchers and some extra linemen.

Still working on these last four guys.
Removed balls and installed magnets as usual.
From left to right we have: a catcher, a thrower, a catcher and a lineman.
Going to try to give the thrower a full glove, fix some gaps on the lineman and fix the hair and ribbons on one of the catchers.
Both catchers need the back of their hands repaired after I tried putting magnets in - but was a bit too tired and put them in the wrong way round! Did the thrower first and checked it was right and then proceeded to do both catchers with the wrong polarity... but I've rectified it now.

To add the silver balls you can see on the thrower (and on more players further down) to differentiate the positions, I drilled small holes and added some beads marked as caviar beads or 1mm accent beads, that some people use as nail art. One thing to note though is that the 1mm isn't very accurate, they vary quite a lot in size and many of them didn't go as deep as I intended due to them being too big to fit in the hole I'd made.
Blitzers
Got rounded studs on both legs, two spikey shoulder pads, decorative collar and full mask.
Not best angle but tried to get pictures before the light disappeared.
The blitzer body, which I repurposed from one of the other players, has gotten a greenstuff collar to match the original.
Thrower.
I'm trying to differentiate between player positions by how I customise their gear.
For the throwers I've also included the rounded studs on both legs but as I imagine they would be separated on the pitch (hanging back while the blitzers are moving up) I didn't think there would be any risk of confusing the two. They have small epaulets, masks with studs and gloves.
Catchers have no studs on their trousers, small epaulets, masks with studs and groves. Their hands are up in a catching position.


To differentiate positions even further, I think I'll look into painting players ribbons in specific colours to represent position as well.
Linemen only have studs on their right leg, one spiked shoulder pad and only have grooves on their masks.
Will try to get another box and get these finished and painted relatively soon.

Comments