Looncurse

I was going to be good and hold of from getting the new night goblins (gloomspite gritz) but when I saw this box it being cheaper than buying the new squigs separately and me having a wood elf army as well well games-workshop managed to get me to buy it. When there is the next lull in blood bowl releases I'll probably pick up the new manager squigs, some more hoppers, the new fanatics, Zarbag's Gitz. Not all at once and not necessary in that order but hey I got a soft spot for squigs and goblins what can a man do?


Quite nice box art. Surely we can agree that the artist is goblinst. He's on a squig a perfect opportunity to have him in mid leap letting the goblin sneer as he looks down at the puny half god (I haven't had the time to finish reading the fluff so don't actually know who this winged fella is.)
Nice comprehensive view of the content
Here are the two leaders. Been contemplating if I do want to not have the horns or do something with the tongue on the squig but think I probably will leave it. If I see a cheap second one and pick it up I might do some converting then.
I'm quite set on not attaching the body of the earwig just sculpt the wings in place
My girlfriend like the look of the trees so we might actually give it a go to play through the scenarios at some point.
I didn't take any pictures of the Kurnoth Hunters since I already got a in the box post on them here.
Now with those vegetables out of the way, on to the good stuff; SQUIGS!

We have been waiting for plastic squigs for a long time and I'm not disappointed.
Squig hoppers and fancy squig hoppers (Boingrot Bounderz) both very nice!
I might need more of these, I wonder if they are more viable as an option now? Squig cav army? They where a bit too much of a glass hammer to survive on their own before so they needed some sort of distraction to soak up damage for them.
Very good to include the cards since it's a starter box.
Tokens and Lore book. As I said haven't finished reading it but seemed good as far as I got.
And plenty documentation for assembly.

So a quite a full box of goodies to sink my teeth into when we have sorted our new crafts room.

Comments