Close, but no cigar

The weekend before Christmas I was pushing to try to get a draft of the time line finished to go up on the blog, for you, as a Christmas present to play with, but too many problems presented themselves on the way.

I thought I had some time over Christmas, surely I’ll manage then but alas again; I've made some progress but for every hurdle passed, a new one seems to be just beyond it. We have learned that no matter what you try, text wrapping isn’t supported in SVG 1.1, what I’ve been attempting is meant to be possible in SVG2.0 when that starts being implemented. As a workaround I’m introducing a new Html environment inside the SVG code at every text snippet.

It turns out z-indexing isn’t as simple as higher values are displayed on top. So I still need to figure out how this works.

As you can see I got a bit of a clogging on the left when there is more than two entries per year so I need to figure out how to lay these out.

I can't get the 'no repeat' on the background to work either, so need to figure that out.
Got plans for visual cues for things like the two tailed comment and end of the world in fantasy. The Gotrek and Felix books had more support in the world than games workshop allowed for...









To be continued...

Comments