I am Pleased to say

I popped into Nottingham's Games Workshop the other week to pick up some dice I'd ordered online and to swap a contrast paint I'd ordered by mistake as I already had it on my shelf. I have complained in the past about games workshop's ignorance about their own non-mainstream ranges but I'm pleased to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the view that greeted me on the wall.

Games Workshop Nottingham Boxed Games Shelf Section
Finally they have a section for products which aren't 40K or Age of Sigmar. They have a selection from all their different boxed games I believe. I was impressed with how many items there were from the Blood Bowl line. It won't change my shopping patterns as hardcore fans like me will continue as normal but I feel this is needed to raise awareness for new, and other costumers who don't know about Blood Bowl and to introduce them to the franchise.
Alternative colour scheme of Nurgle Plaguebearers
I shot some quick pictures of eye catching pieces in the display cabinet as per usual. Some interesting alternative colour schemes of Nurgle Plaguebearers
I don't have the old metal model for Lord Kroak so am temped to pick up this new model but I can't justify it since I don't have time to finish all my current Blood Bowl projects but it's tempting just for sentimental values. 
Magenta Trolls and Orange Squigs
I am intrigued by paint scheme used on these trolls, not what I would usually go for but I wonder if there is potential for a Blood Bowl team, maybe Chaos Pact Renegade Troll?
Orange Orcs
Orange Orcs looking fancy. 

In Other News:

As most of you have heard New Blood Bowl Khorne Team has been announced.

New Blood Bowl Khorne Team The Skull-tribe Slaughterers
I was personally hoping for it to be a lift directly from the Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition computer game. It would have had a good chunk of play testing data. I saw some interesting ideas on Blood Letters taking to the pitch but part of me can see that this direction could make more sense. I still see conversion potential. I already have a pack of Garrek's Reavers that probably will fit right in.


Also some of you astute eagle eyed readers might have picked up on the fact that I've started implementing the new blog theme. Most of the CSS stuff is starting to fall into place. There is still some under the hood work to be done, the pagination still needs overhauling (sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused) and other bits and bobs that still need doing, but it's getting there. As always I would appreciate any feedback and thoughts, it's a blog for you the readers so your experience is what matters.

Comments