Both Down Podcast Review




Both Down

The number 1# Blood Bowl Podcast


I enjoy listening to podcasts while hobbying and doing other tasks. I started listening back in the Podhammer days in around 2008 - or maybe even earlier?! As I'm not part of a regular gaming group, it's great for me to connect to the community through podcasts, hearing the thoughts and enthusiasm of the presenters. 

I first started listening to the 'Both Down' podcast around four years ago and I've been listening ever since. Their extensive knowledge about the background and lore encouraged me to go back to their first episode and listen through from the beginning. I certainly was not disappointed, their passion for the game is infectious.

You can find their website here.
The podcast itself has been around since December 2011 and, at the time of writing this, has 98 episodes. In fact there might be a few more, there is an episode 0 and I wonder if there may have  been other special episodes, potentially taking the final count to  over 100 episodes.


The show is hosted by Steve Campbell (aka Kilowoggy) and Scott Prime. BothDown dives not just into analyses of latest Blood Bowl releases, but the stories behind how and where they come from. Along with their appreciation of the art of Blood Bowl, the shows also really revel in the storytelling element of the universe. They often describe playing Blood Bowl as a role playing game, such is the in depth nature of the stories being created. It was this love of fluff of the universe that spurred them to start this podcast. This is the is a key feature of their shows that keeps me coming back time and again- particularly in a time when I personally feel that the background stories are often overlooked.  

There is also tournament coverage for the more gaming minded and a lot of coverage of food and general life which makes for a very real and inclusive experience. I feel like a friend who has been invited round for tea and a chat. 

I have really enjoyed the episodes interviewing illustrator Pete Knifton. Hearing his being the scenes stories about the creation of Blood Bowl was fascinating for me- and i'm sure for many other listeners as well. 

So, if you looking for a more in-depth Blood Bowl podcast, then this is for you. Steve and Scott are doing an excellent job of sharing their love of fluff with the masses. I'm definitely staying tuned!

Follow them on Twitter:

Steve Kilowoggy (@kilowog2814)
Scott Prime (@fatfinley)
Both Down (@BothDown)

Want to know if your team is Both Down Approved? Tweet your team name and race to @BDApproved

Comments