Timeline work

Been working on some code for a comprehensive vertical timeline for the world that was and the world that is for blood bowl. A way to display the full scope of events, the length, proportions and what's going on at the same time. Didn't manage to find any ready written matching my needs so been trying to figure it out myself.

First at this point I realised how big the project was.
This was a test drawing out lines and dots for events. I staggered them to see how much overlapping I would get of entries, quite a lot it seems.
Haven't finished gathering all data yet but when I past 2000 entries I though should get going writing some code for displaying them to help with the monotony of gathering the data points.
The plan is when I got things working to make two parallel lines since blood bowl takes place in a parallel universe but they still share events. But will keep the blood bowl events on it's own line since they don't share over to the original/other universe.
Haven't been much other hobby done since I've sinked my hobby time into this project. Will try to get some more work done on the treemen for next month and might even start some colour scheme tests on the halflings.
Lines and dots brought to you by Scalable Vector Graphics
Script for writing out the lines and some bits for counting over laps. I’ll try to use the data to write a snippet that moves lines slightly off to the left or right and changes the colours so you can easier see each events span.
Script to extract my text entries. Not shown in pictures above.
Will combine these two scripts and  I’ll try to find a good way to attach these blurbs of texts to their line or dot on the timeline. Displaying at the right height and distances.








To be continued...

Comments