Blood Bowl

Second time writing this post, it better save this time...
My plan when I finished my Gobbo army (still long to go) was that I will convert up a blood bowl team. So thought I could try to learn some rules. I'm planning on playing as orcs with goblins and troll. To be able to do some good bashing but still have opportunity for some fun/stupid stuff with the goblins and the troll. I would like to field at least two goblins but after some research I'm not sure if I'm willing sacrifice too many orcs to make room for goblins though. Seams like I can only fit in one and a troll.
So the set up I'm contemplating is:

  • 1 Goblin
  • 1 Troll
  • 4 Blitzers
  • 4 Black Orcs
  • 1 Thrower

I've already ordered the Orc Warboss from Gamesday 2007. I wanted the snotling and thought the Orc looked cool so when I realised I could use him for Blood Bowl I finally gave in to the urge to buy them. I happened to also pick up the Daemon Slayer from Gamesday 2006. A Goblin would look proper badass on top of that Golden Daemon head. I'll include them in my next post. I also have Grukk Facerippa 40k Ork Warboss that I can use for a player. The "Animosity Orcs" sets both orcs  would make good players and the fist up Night goblin. I have magnetised him so he will work well for blood bowl as well. Which means I won't be able to convert up a full blood bowl team with gobbos because will only need 1 more and don't want to play as a goblin team since it feels like they rely to much on their secret weapons, and I enjoy a bit of bashing.

So I tried the Computer version (Cyanides Chaos Edition) to get comfortable with the game and the rules, I'm however pretty useless at it. The tutorial didn't teach you much. And Story mode just drops you of in different matches that I keep failing at it. Started an easy campaign but the beastmen in the first match just ran over me.. So spent a lot of time looking at videos reading guides so next time I get around to try it I hopefully perform better.

The reason I got in to the hole blood bowl thing was because I've been working on the orc name generator.  So am collecting name for that, and adding to the goblin and the snotling one as well, and collecting some data on greenskin tribes. So when the orc generator goes live both the other greenskin ones also gets an update. I'll try to fix up some other things maybe ad some more graphics. Think the data on tribes will be it's own thing, maybe a page or just a post, don't know if I can put scripts for sorting options in a post.


Have kept going with doing some base coat painting before going to bed, at the moment some old netters, some archers, a sign and a squig in the background is getting painted.

Comments